Saturday, October 18, 2008

Matthew's learning math

Sorry, I don't have any pictures to go along with this post, I just had to tell this story.

The other night while eating dinner Matthew was trying to get out of eating, so he was told to take 20 bites. He immediately starting whining that that was too many bite and that he can not do it. So I made a deal with him to take 5 bites 4 times. He agreed, and we even wrote out the bites so he could cross them off as he went. At the end of taking 5 bites and marking it off 4 times, Matthew stated that he was done and again that 20 bites were too many. So he got to have his first multiplication lesson, and we counted out all of the bites he had crossed off to show how many 5X4 really was. Once he counted all the way to 20 he just looked at me and said "OK, you win. 10 points" and then asked for cake.

1 comment:

Pam said...

Great math lesson! But you only got 10 points? You should have gotten 20... :)